My name is Emily Rivas and I'm a data-driven Toronto-based editor, writer, producer and content marketing specialist with a love for storytelling. I graduated from Ryerson's journalism program and am currently working as a branded content editor at Rogers Media.
WordPress, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Audition, InCopy, Photoshop, HTML5, CSS, Chartbeat, Buzzsumo, CheetahMail, Adobe Analytics, Google Ads, Moz, MailChimp, SEMrush
Branded Content, Rogers Media Inc.
Branded Content Editor (Chatelaine, Today’s Parent, FLARE, HELLO!), Next Content Studio – July 2017- present
• Completed project execution tasks that led external clients through campaign brief to execution (Clients include: Dove, McDonald’s, First Response, Sabra, Nude By Nature and more)
• Prepared detailed creative outlines and executed project management tasks (budgets, workback schedules, meetings and status calls) to support successful completion of projects on time and on budget
•Developed story, video, photo and interactive campaign ideas to drive brand goals and engagement for clients
•Created content executions in response to RFPs: produced sponsored videos, photo shoots, social-first and interactive content, along with editing and writing for print and web (articles, video scripts, creative)
•Content management: developed content calendar, built content posts in WordPress optimizing for SEO
•Led a team of an internal assistant editor, designers and roster of freelance content creators, assembling appropriate teams to execute each facet of production
• Conducted research and wrote pitches to synthesize business goals into compelling editorial strategies
• Led the delivery of campaigns through collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
• Executed social media marketing initiatives for clients through posting to social channels; writing and editing newsletters, creating and managing Google Native Ads; all while ensuring quality control and maintaining best practices
• Responsible for producing content to support print and web written pieces along with original series and explainer videos
• Contributed to the annual planning process by keeping on top of trends and determining featured online stories
• Ensured all content from the print issue was accurately packaged for web with SEO-friendly practices and multimedia mindset
• Built strong internal and external relationships through liaising with PR contacts and freelance writers, as well as training and managing interns
• Curated and wrote the daily newsletter that was sent out to 45,356 subscribers and maintained Brand presence on Pinterest and Twitter
• Analyzed performance of online content and newsletters using Omniture, CheetahMail, Buzzsumo and Chartbeat
Extras: Wrote and edited for various student publications. Editor-in-Chief of Ryerson Folio magazine, and Arts & Life Editor of the campus paper, The Ryersonian.
Web Development, HackerYou - June 2017
Beginner and advanced HTML5 and CSS3.
Digital Marketing Certificate, BrainStation - March 2019
Brand strategy, social media, analytics, search marketing and email marketing. Developed a multiplatform digital marketing strategy for an e-commerce business.
Produced animated explainer video created for a Today's Parent and Medela partnership.
Produced YouTube-style video for Today's Parent and Costco sponsorship.