My name is Emily Rivas and I'm a data-driven Toronto-based editor, writer, producer and content marketing specialist with a love for storytelling. I graduated from Ryerson's journalism program and am currently working as a branded content editor at Rogers Media.
WordPress, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Audition, InCopy, Photoshop, HTML5, CSS, Chartbeat, Buzzsumo, CheetahMail, Adobe Analytics, Google Adwords, Moz, various social media platforms
Branded Content, Rogers Media Inc.
Editor, Branded Content – July 2017- present
• Editing and writing for print and web
• Producing sponsored videos, photo shoots, and social-first content
• Ideating, pitching and costing out content based on incoming request for proposals
• Liaising with PR, agency and sales contacts
• Managing a roster of freelance content creators
• Executing programs: posting to brands’ social channels; writing and editing newsletters, e-blasts, Google Native Ads; ensuring all promises are met on the campaign and all ads are functioning
• Budgeting projects and creating workback schedules
• Assigning project-based work to assistant editor
Produced animated explainer video created for a Today's Parent and Medela partnership.
Produced YouTube-style video for Today's Parent and Costco sponsorship.